Q:  I am preparing for 6 month language training.   I have been working as an employee for five years. I have enough in my bank account and I also have a certificate of leave of absence with the date of my future reinstatement written on it.  Do I need a financial sponsor?  (It’s not easy to ask for a tax payment certificate from my family members.)

질문: 6개월의 단기 어학연수를 준비중입니다. 5년이상의 직장인이며 안정적인 직장과 충분한 잔고와 휴직증명서(복직날짜가 명시된)가 있는데 재정보증인을 꼭 세워야 하나요?  (가족이라도 서로간 납세증명서를 부탁하기가 난감합니다)

A: In order to qualify for a student visa, U.S. law requires that you be able to show proof of financial resources to pay for tuition and living expenses in the United States for one year.  Tuition and expected living costs should be listed on your approved Form I-20 that you received from the school you will attend.  If you are able to show that you have enough money saved up in your own accounts, you do not need a financial sponsor.

답변: 미국법은 귀하가 유학비자를 받을 자격이 되기 위해서는, 미국에서 1년 동안의 학비와 생활비를 낼 수 있는 재정 근거 서류를 보여주셔야 됩니다.   귀하가 다닐 학교에서 받으신 입학허가서 I-20 에 학비와 예측되는 생활비가 기재되어 있습니다.   본인이 저금한 통장에 충분한 돈이 있음을 보여 줄 수 있다면 재정 보증인이 필요하지는 않습니다.