There is no visa specifically to travel as the parent or guardian of a student.  You may apply for a B-visa if your purpose of travel to the U.S. is for a short term visit for business and/or pleasure.  However, we are unable to pre-adjudicate a visa application before an application is received at the time of the scheduled interview.  All visa requirements and application procedures are available on our website,

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officers determine admission into and length of stay in the U.S. at a port of entry. The maximum period of stay for a B visa is generally six months, but if you want to stay beyond the period of time authorized by the DHS, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before your authorized stay expires.  More information is available at

미국에서 공부하고 있는 학생의 부모나 보호자를 위한 특별한 비자가 없으므로 단기 관광/상용 목적이라면 B비자를 신청하실수 있습니다. 그러나 대사관에서는 신청자가 미국 영사와 면접을 하기전에는 비자의 발급여부를 알수 없습니다. 비자 신청 방법과 구비 서류는 웹사이트 를 참고하시기 바랍니다.

미국 입국 허가와 체류 기간은 미국 입국시 미국토안보부 소속 이민국 직원이 결정하게됩니다.   일반적으로 B 비자의 최장 체류 기간은 6개월입니다.  그러나 이민국 직원이 허가해준 기간보다 더 체류하기 원할 경우 허가된 기간이 끝나기 전에 미국이민국 (USCIS) 에 체류기간 연장 신청을 하여 허가를 받으셔야 합니다. 이에 대한 내용은 미국 이민국 웹사이트 를 참고하시기 바랍니다.