5개월 이상 학업과 무관한 사유로 미국외에서 체류하신 경우, 새로운 학생(F-1) 비자를 신청하여 미국에 입국하셔야 합니다.

Continuing F-1 students who are outside the United States, and who have not been attending classes for five (5) or more months, should apply for a new student visa to reenter the United States.

5개월 이내의 기간동안 미국외에 체류하시고자 하는 학생의 경우, 출국 이전에 학교측의 SEVIS 담당자(DSO; Designated School Official – 대부분의 경우, International Student Office에서 근무)와 본인의 해외여행 및 SEVIS 현황에 대해 상의/확인하셔야 합니다. 학생 본인은 해외 여행을 위해 서명된 유효한 I-20를 소지하고 계셔야 합니다.

Continuing F-1 students who travel outside the United States for five months or less, should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to travelling. Your DSO generally works in the International Student Office. You must have a current SEVIS Form I-20 endorsed for travel and your DSO needs to be able to verify that your SEVIS record is accurate and up-to-date.